Friday, September 2, 2011

Ch ch ch changes

Hey Lame Lady followers!  I hope things are going well for each of you and would love to see some comments confirming your well being. 
Lately I have been going through some big changes, loss of a roommate, start of golf, start of work, start of school.  It's like the winds are starting to pick up in to the hurricane.
This has been my first full week of school and I've been exhausted! 
Monday night, Open House
Tuesday night, School and Community Relations begins
Wednesday night, School Law begins
Thursday luckily cancelled golf tourney
Friday (tonight) I am doing nothing!  yay!  I'm so excited for the long weekend.  Unfortunately I now have 150 students turning in work on a regular basis that I must grade.  I also have a TON of homework in order to complete my courses.  The prof. for school and community isn't great at communicating our requirements or using our electronic resources which is kind of funny but hopefully he will improve.  School Law is going to be a fantastic amount of work but interesting work so that's a new bonus I haven't yet experienced in grad school. 
Funny random, I was driving down the high way the other day and there was a man leaning so far back in his seat that his arm was resting comfortably out the back window!  Are you kidding me?  How can you see over the steering wheel?  Welp, just keep rolling down the highway friend.  Yikes!
This weekend my great cousin Sarah is coming in to town to spend time with her mom and dad and continue the process of socializing her new German Shepherd, Maddox.  I cannot wait to meet him and to see her of course.  Tomorrow lunch at dog friendly Grinders.  I've never been but I'm excited to go.
This has been the best classroom start of the year ever and I hope I can continue to be worthy of the experience.
I'm still in my prayer book.  I've been reading it in bed at night and again before I get out of bed in the morning, that is tough I very often have to pry my eyes open, rub sleep out of them multiple times and keep one eye closed in order to focus in on the words enough to read them but it's been a very great way to start and end each day.  The language of the book is old school proper so it's nice to read that sometimes because it challenges me a bit and I like it.
I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment