Monday, August 29, 2011

WHEW!

      Today was a long one!  Up early to take Trip to mom and dad's and make sure I was ready for the day.  Day went well, included advisory which is always a bit longer of a day.  Then down stairs for a PRIDE picture and out the door to NKC to pick girls up for golf.  Then McDonald's shame for dinner, and back to school for Open House!  Whew!  But, I made it!

      We got to wear t-shirts to school today and to Open House tonight, that's pretty sweet but we were instructed not to wear jeans.  Awkward if you ask me, we kinda looked silly.  But, we sent a message and I think it was well received.  I did find it interesting that the people who were most against us wearing the shirts kept saying they thought it was "unprofessional" yet they are some of the most unprofessional people I work with.  Ah well... professional distance is a good thing. 

      Golf was beautiful.  I didn't want to go back to work.  Open House went really well.  With most parents I was really on, functioning on all cylinders and all my jokes were a hit.  With other classes, crickets... sweet.  Ah well... does the professional distance thing apply again here?

      I started a 30 day prayer book that belonged to my late grandpa last night.  It's also been completed by my uncle john.  Kinda neat to feel that connection with Grampy.  Tomorrow I will be meeting with FCA to discuss the new group we hope to start at school.  Wish me luck!
I guess my mammaw is really struggling with her Alzheimer's right now.  Like unable to have a conversation struggling.  I'm really hoping it's another dietary or chemical imbalance that will be an easy fix. Please keep her and my very patient Pappaw in your thoughts and prayers.
Also tomorrow I start my final two actual classes in my master's program!  Exciting yet bringing busy busy days.

      Last thing: I'm poor right now, like poorer than I've ever been.  And I'm not sure how it happened. Only solutions I can come up with are a roommate or a job.  I am not the easiest person to live with and I really don't like to share my space and time with people I'm not especially close with... and I really don't feel I have time for another job right now. I'm just hoping I come through this period of low funds better and wiser for it.  For now, no roommate, no extra job.
 Welp, good night Lame Lady Adventurers.  Press on to another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment