Thursday, August 4, 2011

day 2 ramblings

Hello, welcome back.
      I went to bed late, woke up around 7am when my former roomie stopped by for her camera and fishing license before her family trip to the Ozarks.  We talked for a bit about her CRAZY job!  I mean crazy in a literal way, she works at a Mental hospital.  I am absolutely fascinated by her job!  Since high school and Ms. Gerber's class I fell in love with psychology.  I got the opportunity to teach psych last year and loved it!  I get to teach it again this year and I am pumped.  One day I hope all I teach is Psychology.  It might be the only way I would stay at where I work, for the rest of my career.  Those are all other points, back to the day I'm having. I went back to bed and slept until my phone rang around 11.
      The phone was my golf instructor for today.  Yes, I am taking a golf lesson so I make sure I don't embarrass myself when I start my new assistant golf coaching position on Monday.  I'm super excited but a little nervous that I won't know enough or won't be good enough at it.  In shot put and basketball, even if I can't throw as far as I once did or keep up, up and down the court I know all the mechanics and I know how to teach people how to be great at it, that is in part because of my studiousness but partly due to the great teachers of the game that I had in developing my own skills.  Golf is a little different story.  I took Golf class in college... it was an interesting deal.  Anyway, now I'm watching TV and getting mentally prepared for golf.
      I would like to make it a point to say that it is not often that I have nothing to do all day, albeit two days in a row!  This summer I ran the basketball program between 2 and 5 days a week all of June and July.  I also completed 10 hours of masters' courses which was quite a challenge.  I hope to have my giant paper, tons of hours, and last 2 courses done by December but if I can't make it by then I plan to be done in May.  It is crazy how the time will fly! 
     I figure I need to give some credit for this blog where credit is due.  My amazing cousin Sarah Ekstrom has been writing a blog for a while that I subscribed to on her recent trip to Amman, Jordan.  I am so amazed by her strength and talents and desire to learn in ways maybe people never make the leap to, true immersion.  She may not want the credit for this lame blog but her blog inspired me.  Sarah, unlike myself actually has something to say about her life.  However, I think the title of my Blog as a whole is it's own legal disclaimer of possible boredom Lame Lady.  It's true.  I didn't pick the name on a complete whim.  I like myself but I think I live a pretty boring life for a 25 year old.
     I also just got back from a trip to Columbia, MO for he Show Me State Games where I competed in Shot put, Discus, Javelin, Mini golf, and Trap shooting.  I threw okay in Discus on day 1.  Threw my best two out of bounds but close to 100 isn't bad for me.  I threw terrible for me in the Shot-put but managed to win, I will be working harder before next year for sure.  I tried the javelin on a whim and wasn't too bad.  My farthest two throws were illegal (the back of the spear hit first so say the judges).  I will definitely be throwing that again in the future.  It's hard to practice since it's illegal in Missouri high schools.  I did really well in the Mini-golf well under par for the course but lost fair and square to Sam (the aforementioned former roomie).  It was my first competitive trap shooting competition.  It was sprinkling on and off, the crowds were huge, I had no idea what to expect.  I got squadded.  Those of you who know me know that I am a little hard of hearing.  I finally heard the word squadded after many other variations of the incorrect word.  Well, I waited my turn and shot round one.  I did terrible, against all kids.  Then shot round two; much better but still last in my shooting group.  I never imagined that my low score would place me but apparently there weren't huge numbers of adult women participating.  But turns out I was third best out of the third worst class of women, not bad.  Again, more practice needed.
    Well, I'm going to find out if shorts are okay at the golf course, I pray they are.  I'm trying to decide who to share with blog with and how.  I don't want any students on here but don't think I mind randoms.  Ah well.  Public blogs, what can you do? 
     Will update later.  Oh, I rented the Lincoln lawyer, thinking it was the same thing as the Conspirator, which my Aunt Sherry recommended to me... it's not.  But I will be watching it later!  Speaking of movies, I can't wait to read and watch The Help.
      Golf Lesson went great!  I feel like a pro!  I am way more confident in my new coaching position now!  Yay!  Okay, gotta get hydrated and I'm going to watch the Lincoln Lawyer, it's good so far!
Lincoln Lawyer was VERY good!  I recommend it!
More Shark Week!  Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment