Saturday, August 6, 2011

First Friday

"Ello fellas, here I am"  --Bride's Maids
      A very dirty albeit quotable, laugh out loud, movie!  I love to quote movies!  Sometimes I quote movies that others are not familiar with and get awkward stares or slightly inappropriate comments where I would prefer for the other person to name the movie or just laugh.  Case and point, tonight.  I was at Buffalo Wild Wings with some friends and one of the guys took off his hat and ruffled up his hair.  It was standing WAY up and was crazy looking.  I, without missing a beat quote one of my all time favorite movies Tommy Boy.  "I can't believe that guy called me psycho in there!" the hatless guy looks at me stunned, mouth open, in silence for a moment and then makes a quick noise/part laugh "hu" followed by "Seriously?" Then I had to explain it was Tommy Boy without insulting him.  Oh well, the quotes in my head do not turn off, I will continue to quote even if others don't think it's funny or don't know the reference.
  
      Now, before the B Dub adventure, (where I dominated at BuzzTime trivia) I got to sleep in again today.  I woke up and thought, okay, I'm going to clean my bed room.  I walked out of my room and began cleaning the dining room.  I'm not really sure how those wires got crossed but i actually chuckled at myself and said "Well, it looks like I'm cleaning the dining room today."  I had better turn on the tunes.  (Do other people actually speak out loud to themselves when no one is around?  If not, I'll just say I was speaking to Tyson, my cat, because that's socially acceptable, right?) Music? Check.  Trash bag? Check. Let's clean.
Picture of a picture but this is Tyson playing under some Bubble Wrap, while I cleaned.  Big help!


      Most people's dining room are not like mine.  I have two very large cabinet things that came with my house as well as a large table with too many chairs in the room.  (Most of which are of questionable quality and probably need servicing or tossed out.)  I also have a buffet cabinet thingy that came with the house (I'll have to explain the 'things that came with the house' story some time, not tonight).  There is also a coffee table poorly hidden under the dining room table.  Now, the coffee table is obviously misplaced and we are aware of the aforementioned chair overcrowding issues.  The coffee table is in there because I got new carpet in my TV room and a new couch thing and it just doesn't have it's place in that room anymore even though I want it in there.  Yes, I know It does not belong in the dining room but despite the cleaning today, it is still in there.  So, cleaned off the table, went through the 2 giant cabinets, organized the tops, shelves, etc. Went through bags, and boxes, etc.  I took the printer to the office where it belongs.  It was good stuff.  I also had a TON of stuff in a corner, like bags full of papers and what not, I'm sure it was intended to be a quick fix, a year or so later and there I was going through it.  The most interesting things I found were letters my STAR class of 2008 had written to themselves as seniors, c/o 2012.  That's a good find.  I'm excited to send those out this year, I bet those kids forgot about them.  I found a lot of things that I will still use and was able to create two bags full of trash and a nice size stash for the good will.  I do have a four foot tall stack of games on the buffet cabinet thingy to deal with but it was a good clean overall.
  
Picture of a picture again but it hurts.
      Ate some leftovers, watched Ancient Aliens and Shark Week (not sure what will fill my TV time when shark week is over).  At some point I showered and decided to go to the driving range to recap my lesson from yesterday.  I had a hard time leaving Shark Week (Thank the Lord for DVR).  I went to the range, did okay, still need to work on it as I totally whiff about 1 out of every 7 shots.  I got a medium bucket of balls and used about half of them before a blister appeared and broke on the most used finger in my club grip.
I was in a lot of pain, time to call it quits for the day.  I gave my remaining bucket to a guy next to me who didn't really want them, You'll take them and you'll like it.  Ha!  Anyway, I left and decided to stop by Wal-Mart for a golf glove, some tees, and golf balls.

      Well, I forgot it was tax free weekend and the isles were PACKED!  It really was crazy.  I checked out in the electronics section to avoid the lines.  No big deal.  Made me think about the shopping I need to do.  Might attempt that tomorrow.  Who knows, Saturday is probably worse.  After wally world I went to my parents house to pick up Tripper and swim.  I love swimming, used to be a fish.  It just feels so good, and freeing.  Took Tripper home, and decided to go to the Wing with Molly and company.  That story you know.
 
      After I left there I got some Gasoline and decided to head to the darkest streets I could find in the Northland.  Why you might ask?  A guy I used to work with said that the Northern Lights, Aurora Borelalis (sp?),  would be visible around Midnight.  I've always wanted to see the northern lights.  I drove for about 15 minutes until I found a place to pull over.  I love being outside the city lights.  Listening to the crickets chirp and the locusts sing.  Looking up and seeing stars.  There's nothing like it.  My first stop I found out was in a driveway and I couldn't see the lights so I headed out farther.  I got kind of turned around and saw 3 deer along my way.  Finally I got to a good spot, a new street ready to have houses built up all around it so shouldn't have much traffic.  I got out of the car and looked for the lights in the sky.  I downloaded a compass app so I knew I was facing North.  There I was resting on the front of my car and I thought, I saw them.  I blinked repeatedly, I squinted, I walked a few steps blinked some more.  I still don't know if I was actually seeing them but I think I did.  I expected more after seeing the movie 8 below.  It was a good time with me, nature, and God.  I spent that time in prayer, enjoying sights and sounds and thanking God for all he's done for me.  It was nice.  I've been making a conscious effort to pray more, in informal ways.  I don't always talk about my faith, I mean it's no one's business or burden but my own but when I feel compelled to say something I'm going to say it.  So love it or leave it there it is. 
    After the lights, or tricks of the eyes, I went back to Walmart, I am not sure why.  After midnight is the right time to go though.  I picked up some supplies and some no sugar added ice cream sandwiches, you know, just the essentials. Ha.
      Back home and writing this, I can't believe I'm up this late.  I miss my friend Sam who is currently out of town, we spend a lot of time together and I don't like when she's gone for long periods of time mostly because I can't talk to her whenever I want.  That was sappy.

I'm headed to bed now so good night Lame Lady readers all 0.01 of you. We'll talk again tomorrow, I'd imagine.

***** Today, I realize I likely did not see the real Northern Lights, this is what the friend got to see in Minnesota, color me jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment