Saturday, August 6, 2011

Tax Free

      I have decided that a running list of what I did in a day will likely not keep any one's attention but I also realize I have nothing else to say at this point.  Once work starts I'm sure I will rant and rave in a much more interesting fashion (perhaps that is just a dream of mine, I mean I am the Lame Lady, and these are my adventures).
      Sleep in, Top Shot marathon, Shower, Shop (stop.)
In Missouri it is Tax Free weekend.  Anything that could be considered a school supply is tax free.  That is really sweet and could save a family a large amount of money.  I like it.  I think I bought a computer during tax free once, it's really nice.  So I decided to venture out to Zona Rosa in search of Khaki's, shorts and pants.  It's a business expense, right?  For my golf job.  I go to my favorite store and have a little luck, I think I'm set.  Go two shorts 50% off.  1 Pant, full price, 1 pant 1/2 off then 60% on top of that.  Plus a pair of jeans 40% off.  Nice all but that full priced pair, oh well, gotta have 'em.
One lady carrying a white elephant and the other a white giraffe, you don't see that every day.

      I'm making plans to visit my grand parents this upcoming weekend and visit Tornado torn Joplin, Missouri.
      I got a phone call from a good friend today.  She's my first ever friend to be in jail.  I won't go in to the story of why she got in there but I can say everyone I know will be happy when she's out.  Game plan?  Buffalo Wild Wings. Ha!  Can't blame her although I think her stomach is going to be torn up after wards.  I'm hoping she's not crazy enough to try the Blazin' Challenge on the first night. Who knows?  
Dinner!  Yum!
     Made myself a nice dinner of crunchy chicken and mac and cheese.  Cleaned a hall closet that was full of gift bags and wrapping paper.  Things were out of control in there!  The closet still has a those things in it but at least now it's organized chaos.  The hall in front of that closet is a little different story but I'll deal with it tonight before bed.
Organized closet.  It might not look it, but it's way better!

    I hate doing dishes, partly because I don't feel I have enough storage space to put the dishes away neatly when they are done so it ends up being a source of great frustration for me.  Oh well.  Necessary evil.  So are laundry and vacuuming. 
      I can feel that this school year is going to be the best yet!  I'm not ready for it yet but I am excited for what the new adventures bring.  I do need to go up to school, round up all of my stuff and get it all to MY ROOM!  I've never had my own room! Last semester of last school year I had 5 class rooms for 6.5 classes that I taught!  That's unreal!  My life was on a cart.  It was tough!  I know this stationary status will allow my life to be more controlled and less stressed.  My biggest task before school starts will be to get all my paperwork organized.  I have piles of papers in no particular order stuffed in drawers, why do I do that to myself?  If I get that figured out I know it will reduce stress even more.  It's just a matter of sucking it up and going up there to do it.  I would take volunteers for assistance.   It'll be a process for sure.
      Upcoming event for this lame lady?  Dentist appt. next week.  Hopefully a visit to Carthage.  Susan G. Komen Race for the cure. First time ever but a great cause.  Lots of Breast Cancer in my family so worth the fight both for my family and everyone in the world.  The current stats?  1 in 4 will get breast cancer 10/10 will be effected by it (know someone, etc).  If you want to donate to me or the girls I coach visit http://kansascity.info-komen.org/goto/ladygriffins
Thanks in advance for your support and prayers that I make it in the heat.

I think I'll take it easy tonight, hang some clothes, clean that hall out.  Lame Lady Saturday Night!  Gotta love it!  See ya'll!
Wishing I had a picture of me in curlers or something super Old Lady like.  I think I'll have to make one. :)
Done!  Thank you faceinhole.com
Curlers
Jazzy Scooter

No comments:

Post a Comment