Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The non-adventures of today

      Well... I slept in as late as I could.  I stayed in bed as long as I could.  I watched quite a bit of Pawn Stars and Storage Wars.  I didn't feel well and my normal fix all food of peanut butter on toast wasn't working.  Before my dentist appointment I really started to get nervous.  It was a new doctor and I was going in for a "problem" which turned out to be completely normal although painful.  Anyway, I turned on the sprinkler before I left.  I was actually done with my dentist before I was even supposed to start the appointment, that was beautiful.  Unfortunately I have to go back next week for the standard cleaning.  So, I decided to go to my 2 year eye check up early instead of late.  I can't believe it has been two years since I had my eyes surgically corrected!  My eyes controlled my world since elementary school.  I hardly think about my eyes now, except to make sure I wear sunglasses.  It's a beautiful thing, really! 
      Got there early, and was well prepared to catch up on Words with Friends and Angry Birds.  I normally have an hour long wait at Discover Vision.  But, to my surprise it was only about twenty minutes.  I was well in to a story I decided to read from Sports Illustrated about a boy who goes to school via robot because of his immune system, I was so fascinated I took the magazine with me to the room where I assumed I'd be waiting longer than normal because of the faster than normal processing time.  The lady did all my pre-doctor testing and dilated my eyes.  Shoot, how am I going to finish reading the story now?  I tried, I failed.  Doctor came in, things look great, pressure great, eyes great, sight great.  Yay me!  Sucker?  No?  OK.  That's okay, I'll just take the Sports Illustrated I was reading. Yep, that's what I did...  Side note:  FASTEST TRIP TO DISCOVER VISION EVER!  Good day so far!  I couldn't read a darn thing, I knew I had text messages and I couldn't read them, no matter how hard I tried.  The harder I tried, the less I could read.  I made a phone call in the elevator by hoping that I had clicked the right name.  Turns out, I did.  So, I drove home, called mom to come pick up my dog for my dad's return home gift.
      I stayed outside once home waiting for her arrival.  I put some things in the garage as she pulled up.  When I saw mum off with the dog I moved the sprinkler to the other side of the driveway.  As I'm walking, the Mail truck drives and and shouts something.  I face her and reply, "What's that?"  She replies, "oh you moved it".  I say, "Oh sorry, do you want some?"  She sticks her bare arm out the window exposing her sleeveless shirt (Pretty sure that's not regulation, but who could blame her in this heat?).  She also has a very short haircut with a bandanna tied around her head, some could fault her there but, not me. So, I lifted the sprinkler that I was carrying to get her wet, at first I missed because she started practically falling through her window to get it.  I tried to help so I raised it more and I'm pretty sure I sprayed the water all over her and the inside of the mail truck.  Anything I can do to helpHa!  She thanked me, "it's no problem, really".  She told me as she rolled forward to put the mail in the box, it's days like today when she is happy to see a sprinkler on in a yard.  Again, no blame there!  Have a good day mail lady!

      I took my dilated eyes inside and laid on my bed, I napped as long as I could and woke up to shark week!  I've pretty much been watching Shark week ever since.
Shark Week Side Note:  The word "Chumsicle" grosses me out. Seriously, say it out loud.  It's creepy!

      Well after a really easy day that could've been so much worse it's 1:45 am and I'm just now starting to feel tired but, I won't sleep for a while.  (just looked up at the tv while I was typing the previous 'while' and typed shite, haha)
Well, 2 entries down and I'm going strong.  I really hope my terrible punctuation skills won't deter anyone from reading.  I used to be a really good punctuator and somewhere along the line, probably after AP English I stopped caring about how to do it correctly and can't get it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment